Hebron Savings Bank was established on June 11, 1910. Headquartered in Hebron, MD. Deposits in Hebron Savings Bank are insured by FDIC. Customers can open an account at one of its 13 branches.
Hebron Savings Bank began business in 1910 in a room, which was also used to store salt. One hundred pound bags of salt, used for hog killing, were stored in the room. Lots of times, the salt would spill out from the sacks particularly during damp weather as the sacks burst from the moisture. So, it is only natural that its origin provides such quips as “the Bank’s been salting it away ever since.”
The Bank was organized by the late George C. (Boss) Bounds of Hebron and A. W. Sisk of Preston to serve the financial needs of the business and farming community in the Hebron area.
The Bank has grown tremendously from its initial investment of $25,000 in 1910. We have survived the Great Depression, two world wars, banking deregulation, Y2K, the Great Recession, and increased competition from both bank and nonbank competitors, such as brokers and credit unions.
Our market area has expanded to include small to mid-size businesses, farmers, and individuals in the Wicomico, Dorchester, and Somerset Counties in Maryland and lower Sussex County in Delaware.
We hope that our business will continue to prosper by holding on to those elements that have served us so well over the last one hundred years – personal customer service and attention to detail. We will also continue to add new branches and new technology as needed to provide our customers with even greater convenience.